Monday, December 19, 2011

Talking about My Antonia!

  • Willa Cather in her novel, My Antonia, offers her view on life in the pioneer times.

  • How would My Ántonia be different if it were told from Ántonia's perspective?

  •                           Everything would be different, because things would be seen through a different eye, things
                              things would be told in a different way, and things would be from a different mind.
  • How effective is Cather, a woman, at narrating a story from the point of view of a man? Does Jim sound like a man writing, or does the narrative sound like a woman pretending to be a man?

  •                      I think she is very good at making Jim sound like a man. You couldn't tell it was a woman!
  • Why do you think Jim changed the title from Antonia to My Antonia?

  •                      Because she was his. His best friend.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment